Transformer Oil Leakage- The Causes and Measures
The transformer plays a vital role in the operation of the power grid, contributing to ensuring the power source for daily life and production. During operation and use, transformers and other types of equipment will be damaged, faulty or damaged in a small part or the whole equipment.
Table of content:
One of the faults or malfunctions is the transformer oil leak, which is a common phenomenon when the transformer is running. So what are the signs of a transformer oil leak, how will the oil leak be treated and remedied? Let's find out through the article below.
1. What are the signs of a transformer leakage?
There are many signs to identify the problem of transformer oil leak. It can be determined by observing or more in-depth analysis, check whether the parameter passed or failed from the oil in the transformer.
- During operation, the transformer emits a strong screeching sound with irregular electrical discharge sounds from the inside of the machine.
- Even under normal cooled conditions, it still heats up abnormally without overloading the transformer and lasts continuously.
- The most visible phenomenon is that the transformer oil is spilled or leaked out through the auxiliary oil tank or sprayed through the safety valve. When oil spills heavily, it seeps through the machine, down to the tripod, and down to the machine's supports.
- The amount of oil in the transformer was lowered and dropped much below the prescribed level. In addition, the machine oil tank is cracked and punctured, making the leak more frequent.
- One more recognizable sign is the color of the transformer oil is not normal, the color change is not the same as the original color.
- The porcelain was cracked, even broken, being electrified at the surface, making the core ends red hot….
- The oil of the transformer failed to meet the standards after being analyzed and checked, and the flash rate decreased by more than 5 ° C compared with the pre-fire test increased faster than the previous test is also a sign to help engineer check oil leak.
It is one of the leading causes of transformer station fires. Frequent oil leaks without being checked or repaired affect the region's electrical grid system, daily life, and production ... causing economic damage.
There are many ways to fix the spillage of a transformer, but there are two basic ways you can use it on-site with Polywater PowerPatch. Fix transformer oil drain with Polywater PowerPatch glue. Polywater PowerPatch adhesive has many advantages such as:
- Transformer oil leaks can be stopped without turning the transformer off.
- Oil spills can be stopped within a few minutes.
- High elasticity, long durability, good adhesion to all weather conditions for a long time.
- Do not affect other components or parts of the transformer when handling.
- In addition, to ensure the most safety and certainty, you can contact the repair company for advice and remediation.
The selection of transformers is a difficult problem for today's users. How to prevent the transformer oil leak from happening, to minimize the problems and bad situations when the transformer is in operation, it is important to study the types of transformers on the market today carefully.
MBT Electrical Equipment Joint Stock Company with many years of experience in manufacturing transformers under the brand name of MBT is the first choice for customers today. With product quality is always on top priority, with technical requirements reaching 100% standards according to the regulations of the Vietnamese grid. Transformer products of the Company are always highly appreciated, trusted and selected by the partners and enterprises in the electricity industry.
Product warranty policy is one of the criteria that the Company always focuses on and pays attention to. When using MBT transformer products, customers will receive benefits for products related to machine warranty after delivery, specifically as follows:
Customers will get free product warranty in the following cases:
- Transformer is still under warranty (The warranty period is determined on the manufacturer's warranty card.) Warranty card must be kept as-is, with no signs of erasure or repair.
- If a part or whole of the product is damaged or does not comply with the customer's specifications, it will be warranted or replaced with a new product.
The product must be installed according to the manufacturer's specifications, instructions for use and catalouge.
The cases will not be repaired for free:
- Warranty period expired.
- The warranty is not applied to defective products brought out by the customer for repair and incorrect storage.
- Cases of damage caused by improper operation of the user manual
- The warranty does not apply to products worn by use, cuts, scratches, insects, rust, impact or abuse of the product resulting in damage.